Yoga on Beacon offers yoga classes to suit various interests and ability levels, taught by a diverse, well-trained team. Reveal the perfect self within.
All Classes Offered Virtually
In response to the threat of COVID-19, we have moved our full schedule of classes to Zoom. Pre-registration is required, and you can either join live or view the recording afterward. See our schedule page to sign up.
At this time, we do NOT expect to reopen the studio when King County enters Phase 2, out of concern for the health of our teachers and our students. We remain in conversation with our teachers and will ask for input from all of you before we resume in-person classes. When we do reopen, we expect to offer a menu of in-person as well as virtual classes for those who are more comfortable and safe practicing from home.
In the meantime, we are making a few schedule changes to reflect the patterns we’ve seen about your preferences for virtual practices. These schedule changes took effect June 1:
– We are pausing the Tuesday and Thursday 6 pm classes and the Sunday 4 pm class until we are able to resume these classes in person.
– We are shortening Lauren’s Flow I/II class on Saturday to 75 minutes, now beginning at 9 am.
– We are shortening Steph’s All Levels class on Saturday to 60 minutes, still beginning at 10:30 am.
Please let us know if you have questions or feedback for us. We miss practicing in person with all of you and greatly appreciate your ongoing support. YOU are making it possible for us to remain in operation, and we are deeply grateful.
YoBe. A place to be.
3063 Beacon Ave S., Seattle WA 98144
Yoga on Beacon is a cocoon for cultivating community, peace, vibrant health, and transformation. Emerge renewed, radiant, balanced, and empowered.
YoBe In-Studio Classes Paused
All classes will shift to virtual format to reduce spread of COVID-19
Dear YoBe family,
We have decided that it is necessary to discontinue in-person classes for the time being. While limiting class sizes and encouraging anyone with symptoms to stay away has been helpful, we’ve been particularly compelled by the increasing evidence that people with no symptoms can readily spread the virus, and we’ve felt the responsibility to protect you, our teachers, and our broader community. We’ve heard from many of you how grateful you are to still be able to come to YoBe at a time of such uncertainty, but we simply feel that the greater good of community health is the priority right now.
What does this mean for you?
- We hope you will join us online for your regular classes and maybe even some new ones!We have explored several platforms over the past couple of days and will be using Zoom. Register through the MindBody app or through our website just as you normally would, and you’ll receive a link and password for the live stream. Log in at the class time (or a couple of minutes before, especially if it’s your first time using Zoom) and practice along with your instructor. Our goal is to continue to offer the same weekly schedule we have in person. If you regularly practice with specific teachers, we hope you’ll continue to sign up for their classes to support them.
- You can sign up for a class you’re interested in even if you aren’t free at that exact time, and you’ll get a link to a recording of the class afterward. Sign up through the normal registration process and watch your email. The link to the recording will be sent within a few hours of class ending and will be active for you to view for 24 hours. If you’ve always wanted to take a class with a teacher whose schedule didn’t work with yours, now’s your chance!
- Make sure you are set up to receive email or text alerts in the Schedule Updates section of MindBody. Those alerts are how you’ll receive the class link. The easiest way to confirm is to visit the Schedule page of our website, click Sign Up on any class, log into your account, and rather than checking out, click the person icon in the upper right corner. Select Account Info and scroll down to confirm that email or text is checked for Schedule Updates, then click Save.
- We are offering a range of payment options for online classes to best support you and our teachers. As a small business, we greatly appreciate your commitment to YoBe, and we similarly are committed to our incredible teachers. We will be continuing to pay all of regular teachers, even if they decide that they are not able to teach online. If you are financially able to, we encourage you to continue to use your memberships and class cards or purchase “drop-in” classes at our standard rates so that we can support our talented staff, many of whom teach yoga full time. We will make senior/student/military rates available for online. And because we know that many in our community are facing financial hardship right now, all classes will include a $5 and $10 sliding scale option for those who need it.
- If you are not able to join us for online classes and have an active membership or class card, please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to place your membership or card on pause until in-person classes resume.
- Thank you in advance for your patience and grace. While Zoom is remarkably easy to use, the audio might be wonky at times, the lighting may be less than ideal, or your connection might be glitchy. We’re getting our teachers up to speed on the platform as quickly as possible, and we’ve ordered a microphone to improve audio quality. If you have trouble connecting to a live stream class, please know that teachers will not be able to address technical issues during the class but that you will receive an email with the recording afterward.
- For the first time ever, you can share your love for YoBe with friends from around the world! At a time when we’re isolating ourselves at home, what better way to connect with your best friend in Atlanta or your aunt in Quebec than to take a yoga class together? Invite your friends and family to join you for a class; they’ll just need to register with MindBody and they’ll be all set.
- Share your ideas, questions, and feedback with us. Email email@example.com message us on Facebook or Instagram to let us know how this experience is working for you. Or just tag us on social when you’re getting your yoga on!
We will keep you posted on any necessary updates. We look forward to practicing with you.
Elizabeth and Sarah
UPCOMING SPECIALS & EVENTS
At-Home Massage Workshop
Saturday, June 6
From 1:00 – 2:30 pm
Led by Alexa Peden and Cathy Federici
“I love Yoga On Beacon! The environment is very welcoming and inclusive. It is a terrific community space reflecting the diversity of the neighborhood. It is lovely to see old and young, experienced and novice, all finding a place to explore various aspects of yoga. There isn’t the “look at me and how deep I can take the pose” competitive attitude of some other studios. It doesn’t matter how you dress and you can actually laugh in class! There are a variety of teachers and levels so you can find what is right for you.“
YoBe GIFT CARDS – Give the gift of health!