COVID-19 Updates and Virtual Class Overview
In response to COVID-19, we have moved our full schedule of classes to Zoom, with limited classes offered in person. Pre-registration is required for both virtual and in person classes. For virtual classes, you can either join live or view the recording afterward. See our schedule page to sign up, and see more detailed instructions below.
VIRTUAL CLASS OVERVIEW:
- Platform: Our virtual classes are offered via Zoom. Register through the FitDEGREE app or through our website, and you’ll receive a link for the live stream shortly before class begins. Log in at the class time (or a couple of minutes before) and practice along with your instructor. See details for setting up your account here.
- Schedule: If you aren’t free at the exact class time, you’ll still get a link to a recording of the class afterward. Sign up through the normal registration process and watch your email. The link to the recording will be sent in the evening and will be active for you to view for 24 hours. If you’ve always wanted to take a class with a teacher whose schedule didn’t work with yours, now’s your chance!
- Email notifications: Make sure you are set up to receive emails for Live Stream Classes when you set up your FitDEGREE account. Those alerts are how you’ll receive the class link.
- Payment options: We are offering a range of payment options for online classes to best support you and our teachers. As a small business, we greatly appreciate your commitment to YoBe, and if you are financially able to, we encourage you to continue to use your memberships and class cards or purchase “drop-in” classes at our standard rates so that we can support our talented staff, many of whom teach yoga full time. Our senior/student/veteran rates are now available for purchase online. And because we know that many in our community are facing financial hardship right now, all classes will include $10 and $15 sliding scale options for those who need it, and select classes will also have a $5 option. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to explore other options if needed.
- Gratitude: Thank you in advance for your patience and grace. While Zoom is remarkably easy to use, the audio might be wonky at times, the lighting may be less than ideal, or your connection might be glitchy. If you have trouble connecting to a class, please know that teachers will not be able to address technical issues during the class but that you will receive an email with the recording afterward.
- Feedback: Share your ideas, questions, and feedback with us. Email email@example.com or message us on Facebook or Instagram to let us know how this experience is working for you. Or just tag us on social when you’re getting your yoga on!